It’s that time of year and Christmas is fast approaching.
The blinds trade is always busy at this time of year and we are no exception. As our suppliers close over the Christmas period (as do we), we need to have some cut off dates in place to let our customers know what we can and cannot achieve before Christmas.
We will close for business at 3pm on Friday 21st December 2018
Our last order dates are as follows:
- Vertical – Wednesday 12th December (curved tracks Friday 30th November)
- Roller – Wednesday 12th December
- Sunwood Wood & Faux Wood Venetian – Friday 30th November
- HC Forest Wood Venetian – Friday 7th December
- Perfect Fit & INTU – Friday 7th December
- Pleated – Friday 7th December
- Velux – Friday 7th December
We will re-open at 9am on Monday 7th January 2019
As ever, emails and phone calls can be received whilst we are closed but due to family commitments, we will be unable to reply/answer and enquiries until our return.
In the meantime we would like to take this opportunity to wish YOU a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Neil, Emma & Brian
It doesn’t need to all be changed…
As the saying goes “Out with the old and in with the new”. It doesn’t need to be that way all of the time.
Are your verticals looking a bit shabby, dirty or unloved after years of hard work, hanging around and looking pretty?
Why not just change the louvres? If the tracks are alright, save a few pounds and give a room that new look you’ve been thinking of without the cost of a full blind.
To save even more, you could bring one of your louvres into us, we’ll measure it and give you a price from the hundreds of fabrics available and let you know when they will be ready to collect. Job done!
Did you know?
- We measure, manufacture and install.
- We do our own fitting, rather than contracting anyone else to do the work. We believe that if Neil has measured, then Neil will fit the blinds.
- We also provide our blinds as SUPPLY ONLY. So, if you want to save a few quid and feel up to the task, why not have a go!
- For fitted blinds, our standard lead time is 2 weeks from ordering to fitting, but this can extend slightly at this time of year.
- We don’t only do Verticals, Venetians & Rollers. There isn’t anything blind related which we do not do. Motorised Roller blinds are a great way to eliminate the bead chains
- However, we don’t fit blinds supplied from others. We can only guarantee our own stuff – which is 12 months by the way – but we are only a phone call or email away.
We have just created a Motorised headrail for a customer who has existing Roman blinds. He wanted the headrails to work at the touch of a button, whilst it is quite expensive to do this, this alleviates the need for operating chains and eliminates the child safety risk as the chains are removed.
They can be powered by NIMH batteries and Solar re-charger, Lithium batteries or good old mains power and can even be added to a home automation system, controlled from your phone.
Following on from last year
Roller blinds can also be retrofitted with a Lithium Rechargeable Motor & Remote, whilst currently this is restricted to 40mm rotator tubes, we’ve heard on the grapevine that a 32mm variant will be available in the New Year.
This has happened and Eclipse are now offering 32mm motors to go into existing D-tubes (aluminium roller tubes with a D shaped internal insert)
We hope to see you soon
Neil & Emma
As ever, we have some great fabrics to view at the unit and hundreds more in the sample books. The internet cannot give you that touchy feely experience of the fabrics so why not come down a take a look for yourself?
Our contact details can be found at the top right of this page.
Let some light in to your life with a window blind from The Blind Factory Leeds! For some examples of our window blinds & fabrics, select from any of the window blind styles below.